If you’ve never tried a kale crisp, I can imagine you’re pretty skeptical about this one. If you’ve made it onto this page then you’re one step closer to trying your first! Any kale crisp lover will tell you that this delicious and nutritious snack shouldn’t be judged with the myth that kale is boring and only for those ‘super food weirdos’. I’ve opted for the traditional flavoring of just salt, but they could work with many different flavors such as curry, cumin, pepper, paprika, and just about any savory spice you can think of. Let me know if you try out any new flavors and how it went in the comments below!
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £0.99Was: £1.49
- Price: £4.61
- Price: £395.00
- 1 Large Bunch Curly Kale (Green or Purple)
- 3 TBSP Sunflower Oil
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 100c
- Step 2 Rinse your kale under cold running water and then pat dry using a clean kitchen cloth.
- Step 3 Using your hands, tear the kale into little crisp sized pieces, you want to avoid using any thick stem as this wont crisp up very well.
- Step 4 In a large bowl, add your sunflower oil and a good couple of pinches of salt to your kale and toss until evenly distributed.
- Step 5 Lay out on a large baking tray (you might need more than one if you’ve got lots of kale!) and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the kale is crisp and just starting to golden brown around the edges, but try a piece if you’re unsure!
- Step 6 Allow to cool before piling up in a bowl of a tub. Always best enjoyed fresh.
How did it go? Let us know in the comments below!