Healthy Vegan Granola
Granola: A type of breakfast cereal similar to muesli. What about vegan granola?
Granola is a great versatile food. It goes great on smoothie bowls, in breakfast bars or just eaten plain or as a breakfast cereal. It’s not too difficult to find a vegan granola (when you get past all the ones with honey in). It can, however, be difficult to find one that is healthy and which doesn’t contain palm oil. So it works much better to make your own healthy granola! For a bit of information as to why palm oil is such a problem, read this article here.
This recipe is nice and easy to change to suit your own preference, you can add any dried fruits you want, or any seeds and nuts, so go crazy and make it your own. Experiment with all sorts of combinations and let me know how it goes in the comment sections below!
Healthy Vegan Granola
- 90g (1 cup) Rolled Oats
- 40g (1/4 cup) Pumpkin Seeds (or sunflower seeds work great too)
- 5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dried Fruits (types and amounts to preference)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180c and line a large baking tray with parchment.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, stir together the oats, seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Step 3 Place the mix onto the tray and spread out evenly on the tray and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Step 4 Leave the granola on the tray until it has completely cooled, then remove it and use your hands to beak it up into small pieces. This is the point where you’ll want to add any dried fruits, i like using raisins and cranberries personally, but see what works for you! Store in an airtight container for up to a week, or keep in the fridge for up to a month.
Share Your Creation!
Let’s face it, a healthy vegan granola bowl is, by far, one of the most Instagrammable posts you can share. But before you do! Why not share it with us first if you enjoyed our recipe! We love to hear from you and it’s great to share ideas with other vegans to try out! Of course, if you enjoyed this recipe, we would very much appreciate a share also!
And if you’re looking for another recipe to try, why not give our vegan flapjack recipe a go?
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £24.95
- Price: £6.77Was: £9.99