Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Pasta. The comfort food to top all comfort foods. I’ve always loved pasta, and that hasn’t changed since going vegan. If anything, I’ve found more interesting ways to use pasta (like in my vegan lasagna, of which the recipe can be found HERE). Sometimes, however, you just need a quick and easy pasta dish for when you’re in late from work. If you’re really pushed for time, you can do it without the roasted vegetables. However, I do love roasted vegetable pasta!
This is one of my ‘go-to’ recipes because its so quick and easy, and tastes great. It’s also perfect for reheating or eating cold so it is great for taking to school or work.
I added falafels to mine (You can find my falafel recipe here) for an extra bit of adventure, but you don’t need to! You can have it plain or add whatever you like to it. I’ve found that a few of the onion and rosemary Linda McCartney’s vegan sausages go great with my roasted vegetable pasta recipe!
So get your pans ready, and the table set, and let me know how you get on!
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 400g Pasta (most dried pastas are vegan, but just check the label to be sure.)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 white onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- a few sprigs of fresh basil (you can use another herb if youd prefer.)
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 1.) Preheat oven to 180c. Chop your courgette and pepper into bite-sized pieces and place in a roasting tray with 2 tbsp oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and half a teaspoon of turmeric. Toss or mix until the vegetables are evenly coated and then bake for 10-15 minutes or until your vegetables are soft.
- Step 2 Finely dice your white onion and fry off in a large pan with a tablespoon of oil on a high heat until translucent. Add your chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil.
- Step 3 Add your garlic and caster sugar, then chop your herb and add that too. Turn down to a medium heat and leave to cook, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, cook your pasta (use the directions on the back of the packet, as this will vary depending on what type of pasta you’re using).
- Step 5 Once cooked, drain your pasta and then add it to your sauce, along with your roasted vegetables. Mix together well and season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
So Many Options!
I served mine with some falafels, but it works great just on its own. Alternatively, there are some great vegan meatball or mince options to buy, or chop up some vegan burgers or sausages and stir those in too!
I hope you liked my recipe for Roasted Vegetable Pasta, if you did, we’d really appreciate it if you gave it a share! Of course, if you came up with another creative take on this dish, by all means, share it in the comments with us! New ideas make the vegan world go round!
Looking for your next recipe to try? Why not try:
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £19.99
- Price: £12.40Was: £20.00
- Price: £96.99Was: £100.00
- Price: £3.99