Crispy Tofu Fried Rice
Rice is definitely a vegan’s go-to dish. We’ll buy rice in bulk and it can keep us going through thick and thin! This Crispy Tofu Fried Rice is one of my favourite things to do with all that rice!
For such a simple dish, this is delicious. I always make a bulk load of this crispy tofu fried rice, because everyone likes to take it to work for lunch the next day too! Tofu is a difficult thing to get right and isn’t always to everyone’s taste. You can easily swap it out for some more veggies, or just remove it completely and do the recipe without it! I promise it’ll still be a big hit.
Crispy Tofu Fried Rice
- 2 Cups Uncooked Brown Rice
- 300g Tofu
- 2 Medium Sized Carrots
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions
- 6 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 6 Tbsp Brown Sugar or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180c. Remove your tofu from the packaging, and wrap in an absorbent cloth, and apply enough pressure that the liquid comes out of it, then dice the tofu and lay out on a tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 While your tofu is baking, cook your rice by bringing a large pan of water to the boil and then adding your rice. Stir occasionally and simmer for about 30 minutes. To check your rice, simple remove a small amount with a spoon and try it!
- Step 3 While your tofu and your rice are both cooking, in a medium sized bowl whisk together your soy sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter. Once your tofu is cooked, remove it from the oven and place it into your bowl and leave to marinade until you need it.
- Step 4 Once your rice is cooked, drain well and leave to cool for now. Slice your spring onions into rings and peel and dice your carrots into small pieces. In a large frying pan, add your oil followed by your peas, carrot and spring onions and stir frequently for about 5 minutes. After this, add your tofu to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Step 5 Finally, add your rice and fry for about 5 minutes, until piping hot, then serve! You can use this dish as either a side or a main meal, it works great as either!
Tried this recipe?
Let me know what you think in the comments below! Was there anything you did differently? Any other ingredients you used instead? Share your ideas so other people can give them a try and if you appreciate this recipe, do give it a share as it helps us immensely!
Here are some other dishes for you to try!
- 6 Vegan Chinese Takeout Dishes
- Almond Dal
- Homemade Chapati’s
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Make your own Falafels
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Success & Inspiration in a Jar. A Month of Thoughtful & Motivational Quotations in a NEW STYLE 314ml Premium Italian Orcio Glass Jar. The Perfect Gift. 31 Multi-Coloured Quotes to Show Your Friends & Family How Much You Value & Believe in Them. “Be The Reason Someone Succeeds Today”- Complete with own gift box.Price: £12.99Was: £14.99