Vegan Gluten Free Brownies Recipe
Chocolate. It’s what has brought you here, and it’s what brings us together. Chocolate, vegan gluten free brownies. What more could you want? What’s that you say? The fresh sweet taste of fruit too? Well, you’re the boss. These strawberry and banana brownies are absolutely delicious. The recipe can be made healthier by using 1/4 cup (30g) of cacao in place of the cocoa powder.
Aside from the dark chocolate, these brownies contain no refined sugars, so you don’t have to feel bad about eating the entire batch before anyone gets home (you can always bake a second lot and then they’ll think you’ve been really good and not eaten any…)
This recipe is also gluten-free, which is brilliant, one thing to watch for is that your oat flour is certified gluten-free, otherwise gluten is a possible cross contaminant. Another option for this, or if you want to save some money on buying ingredients is to use my tutorial on how to make your own oat flour, its super quick and can save you a small fortune.
Vegan Gluten Free Brownies With Strawberry & Banana
- 225g vegan dark chocolate chips + extra to top
- 1.5 cups/250g frozen strawberry and banana mix + 0.5 cup / 90g
- 0.5 cup/65g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 cup/90g oat flour
- Fresh strawberries to decorate
- 50g melted chocolate to decorate
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180c and line a 9.5 x 7.5 inch baking tin with parchment.
- Step 2 Leave your fruit out to defrost, or microwave for a few minutes. Once soft, blend your 1.5 cups/250g to a puree.
- Step 3 In a bowl over a pan of hot water ( a bain marie) melt your dark chocolate gently until smooth, then pour into your food processor with your fruit puree, cocoa powder, oat flour, vanilla extract, salt and baking soda.
- Step 4 Blend until smooth, your mix will be thick, but if it is too thick you may not have defrosted your fruit enough. If this happens just transfer your mix to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10 seconds at a time until it softens enough to work with.
- Step 5 Add the extra 0.5 cup/90g of strawberries and banana and mix in.
- Step 6 Spoon into your lined tray and spread out evenly, then top with chocolate pieces.
- Step 7 Bake for 25-30 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cool rack. Once fully cooked, cut into portions and serve with a strawberry on top and melted chocolate drizzled over! Alternatively, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
If you enjoyed our vegan gluten free brownies recipe, we’d really appreciate a share! There are plenty of other variations to try aside from banana and strawberry brownies, do let us know in the comments if you got creative!