I had been avoiding making this one for a while, as I’m the only one in the house who likes banana cake, but I’ve finally given in and decided i’ll eat the whole lot myself if i have to! This is the best banana cake recipe I’ve ever created in my life, it is perfectly moist, the softness of the banana and the texture of the sponge work beautifully together to give a light cakey texture.
You could add some thin slices of banana on the top before it goes in the oven if that’s your kind of thing, but i chose to just leave mine plain. You can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon if you like!
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £5.49
- Price: £9.99Was: £15.99
- Price: £4.95Was: £12.95
- 2 cups / 240g Plain Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup / 128g Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup / 85ml Coconut Oil
- 4 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- 1/4 cup / 85ml Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 175c and line a 9-inch square baking tin with paper.
- Step 2 in a large bowl whisk together the sugar, coconut oil, then add your mashed banana, water and vanilla extract.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder, then add your dry ingredients to the large bowl of wet.
- Step 4 Mixing as little as possible, stir the mix until it is just combined.
- Step 5 Pour into your lined tray and spread our evenly, bake for 30-40 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Step 6 Allow to cool for 20 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
how did it go? Let us know in the comments below!
Want More? Try these!